Elounda Beach Hotel & Villas

I arrived on my first holiday in 5 years to relax and put my feet up. Inside 5 minutes on arrival I was whisked to my rooom and 10 minutes later relaxing on the terrace.


My only glitch (major one for me) as the people in the room next door deciding to put on the room cd player with Rod Stewart at full volume. I called reception and the duty manager, tried very hard to sort me out with an alternative room which he did so with grace and diligence.

My end room was great with a sea view and really killed off any reason for me to leave my room almost the whole of the week particularly with a view to die for etc!

I've read the other reviews re food prices etc but to be honest there is a choice. I had a room service Mousakka delivered to my beautiful sundeck for about 18 euros. OK it may not have been the 9 euro's you would pay in the village but there is a slight difference in ambiance! Also, I had a pizza another night for 14 euro's so please don't complain that there is not a choice of food options. I also used the main restaurants and had the most fantastic italian meal .Ok it did cost 80 euro's but again look at the environment which is beautiful and the staff really did care rather than go through the motions. Afterwards, I walked to Veghara bar which is a touch of the Maldives brough to Crete. Beautiful bar, comfy sofa's and again great service.

I could not speak highly enough of the management team at Elounda Beach. I am a difficult guest to please and I stay a lot at 5 stars hotels so know how standards can vary. This is a 5 start hotel BUT it this is a beach hotel and not the Mandardin Oriental and a different ambiance applies to both.

Did I enjoy it? Very definitely. Relaxing, great food to suit all tastes and pockets and a management team that really cares for the customer.

  • This TripAdvisor Member:
    • Liked — Staff who care
    • Disliked — Nothing
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
TonyDuggan's Summary
Date of Stay: April, 2008
Traveled with: Solo traveler
Visit was for: Other
Age group: 35-49
Member since: May 03, 2008
  • My ratings for this hotel are:
    • 5 of 5 stars Value
    • 5 of 5 stars Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars Location
    • 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Service
Would I recommend this hotel to my best friend?
absolutely!
I recommend this hotel for:
Young singles, An amazing honeymoon, A romantic getaway, Girlfriend getaway, Great pool scene, Families with young children
I do not recommend this hotel for:
People with disabilities
I selected this hotel as a top choice for:
Beach / Sun, Great food / Wine, Other

Source: http://www.tripadvisor.com

Share/Save/Bookmark AddThis Feed Button

Technorati! Ma.gnolia! Mixx! Digg! Del.icio.us! Facebook! Google! StumbleUpon! Reddit! Squidoo! Yahoo! FURL Twitter! MySpace Sphere: Related Content

Posted by Admin | 6/30/2008 05:46:00 PM | , | 0 comments »

0 comments

Recommended Hotels