Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay

There is only one word to describe this hotel: BREATHTAKING!!


The highlight of my trip to BALI was definitely the hotel, which infuses the essence of the Balinese culture. Absolutely STUNNING. The hotel has won some of the world’s finest hospitality awards and is consistently ranked in the top 5 resorts in all Travel industry awards, this shows.

I arrived at Depansar Airport in Bali from Hong Kong, after a wonderful plane ride from LHR. I had booked a car pickup from the Four Seasons Hotel (highly recommended) Immediately upon leaving the Airport, I was warmly greeted by a Four Seasons Hotel representative dressed in white traditional Balinese wear. He was holding a Four Seasons sign. Unlike other pickups, the hotel did not display my name for discreetness.

He immediately picked my luggage and we proceeded to the waiting air-conditioned Four Seasons Toyota 4x4.

When we reached the vehicle the driver came out and gave me a warm greeting, took my bags for the other person and loaded the 4x4. When I got inside the vehicle, I was presented with a cold towel and chilled bottle water. Immediately we proceeded to the hotel (absolutely stressed free). The driver called the hotel to inform them that I was on my way.

Prior to entering the Four Seasons property, as a security precaution heightened by 9/11 and the KUTA bombing, the vehicle was screened by 3 security guards. The entrance to the hotel was magnificent and grand. I was greeted by two gracious hostesses and shown to the sofa where I was offered a fruit punch and cold hand towel. Everyone wore traditional white Balinese clothing. Registration was done by a check-in agent as I sat on the sofa, enjoying my drink The assistant manager came out and welcomed me and he was happy to inform me that he was able to secure villa 281 that I had requested.

Once done, I was given the map to this wonderful resort and was whisked away in a buggy to my villa.

The drive through the villa was amazing. Once I arrived at my villa 281 another person was waiting inside to guide me through my villa.

The VILLA:
This wonderful resort does not have rooms, but ratter villa’s resembling a Balinese hut/village compound (totaling 2,200 Square feet of pure luxury). The 147 villas is located on a hill and overlooks Jimbaran Bay. All the villas have gorgeous panoramic view of the bay and are modeled after a Balinese village.

The living and dining rooms are open air. On the dining room table was a tray of exotic fruits.

There is a huge plunge pool, which is about 5 feet deep. I love the pool and used it frequently to cool down from the hot sun – first thing in the morning and afternoons.

The bedroom is in a closed building and is well air-conditioned. Inside this building is where one finds all the luxurious Four Seasons amenities like the fabulous FS bed, the large standalone bath tub for two, floor to wall marbled washroom, and luxurious toiletries. Complimentary bottled water was provided. It was not recommended that guest drink or brush teeth using the tap water.

The bathroom has two showers (one indoor and the other outdoor.

SERVICE:
What can I say…Simply the Four Seasons way: FABULOUS. I was always addressed by name. With a staff ratio of 5 staff to1, you know service will be outstanding!!

I ordered room service and couldn’t decide if I wanted fries or salad with my lunch. They brought me both! One time, I ordered breakfast from room service. The food was delivered. I forgot to asked him to bring straws… Guess what happened? The poor guy ran all the way back to the kitchen and within 2 minutes brought me straws as he panted to catch his breadth.

There were countless other examples like this….

FACILITIES:
Again, what can I say, OUTSTANDING, Simply Four Seasons.

The gym, connected to the SPA was superb! One afternoon, I decided to pay a visit the the gym and have a workout (well I visited every day but I don't want to show off), after feeling guilty from eating way too much Indonesian food!! In the middle of my run, the gym attendant saw that I was sweating like a waterfall, came over and offered me a nice cold face towel and chilled bottled water. When I had finished running, he came over to help me stretch! Boy did that feel good. The dressing room was also amazing. Each guests using the facility received a personal locker. Each locker had a sarong, cotton bathrobes, slippers, large towel, and plastic bag for dirty clothing. There was a sauna, steam room with aroma-therapy (which I used extensively), two whirlpools (one warm one cold), and two shower rooms (which had the typical shower head and an additional rain shower head). The facility has everything one would need in terms of toiletries: Molton brown Hair Gel, Aftershave, lotions, Foot spray, Talcum powder, mouth rinse, shaving razors, combs, etc…).

In addition to the gym, the resort offers cooking classes, complimentary morning workouts, bike rides, tennis, and water sports of all kind.

The four days went ever so quickly and I regrettably had to leave this little piece of heaven. I booked through the hotel again the transportation back to the airport. The 4x4 and driver were waiting for me at 1400h and the Four Seasons representative at the airport took my bags all the way through the immigration clearance.

Jimbaran beach is excellent for swimming, as it is very calm (rare for Bali), and also has some very good fish restaurants on the beach. I don't think that it is particularly noteworthy otherwise.

One one poor note, I was particularly disappointed with FS beach facilities, which consist of closely arranged chaise lounges and a few scattered umbrellas. There is basically no privacy and if you don't get an umbrella before they run out, you will boil.

The hotel is a very good place if you prefer a plunge pool to the beach, and are likely to spend most of your stay in your villa. The villas are in fact excellent, beautifully landscaped and most comfortable. I think that if a spectacular beach is a must though, FS is not the place for you.

Although it is a fairly large property, if you are in your villa you never see or hear anyone else and all the lush landscaping makes you feel very private.

Built into the hillside with little winding trails, rice paddies, flower gardens, and sunken villas - a rushing little river complete with small waterfalls and minor rapids, and the only "groups" we saw were people occasionally at lunch because it seems that when in Bali, everyone tours around looking at the Aman resorts and different Four Seasons in their hotel cars, having lunch or dinner at the different places. We went to Amankila one day and I agree that is it indeed spectacular and reminded us of the Caribbean!

This is a truly an outstanding RESORT.. I will certainly return.

My goal of pure relaxation was TRULY fulfilled!!

  • This TripAdvisor Member:
    • Liked — Attentive and friendly staff: truly a F.S Hotel
    • Disliked — The Beach lounges: hardly any brollies
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
seat_1A_traveller's Summary
Date of Stay: December, 2007
Traveled with: Spouse / significant other
Visit was for: Other
Age group: 25-34
Member since: May 20, 2008
  • My ratings for this hotel are:
    • 4 of 5 stars Value
    • 5 of 5 stars Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars Location
    • 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Service
Would I recommend this hotel to my best friend?
most likely
I recommend this hotel for:
An amazing honeymoon, A romantic getaway, Great pool scene
I do not recommend this hotel for:
Young singles, Girlfriend getaway, People with disabilities, Older travelers, Pet owners, Families with young children, Families with teenagers, Tourists
I selected this hotel as a top choice for:
Beach / Sun, Outdoor / Adventure, Spa

Source : http://www.tripadvisor.com

Share/Save/Bookmark AddThis Feed Button

Technorati! Ma.gnolia! Mixx! Digg! Del.icio.us! Facebook! Google! StumbleUpon! Reddit! Squidoo! Yahoo! FURL Twitter! MySpace Sphere: Related Content

Posted by Admin | 6/30/2008 05:36:00 PM | , | 0 comments »

0 comments

Recommended Hotels